Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It is never a good sign to find a mold infestation on your property. Usually, a mold infestation indicates a bigger issue, most frequently it means water damage. In any case, it is important to have water and mold damage cleanup and restoration experts on-site as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage done to your property. Down below, you can read our Mold Damage Tips to learn more about the dos and don'ts following a mold infestation.
If you have any questions or are in need of mold remediation services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of Oak Ridge team a call today!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (865) 483-3911
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Oak Ridge for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Oak Ridge has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Oak Ridge
- Oliver Springs
- Rocky Top
- Lake City